[Cs_announce] Google Scholarships

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:40:09 PDT 2015

>From Google:

At Google, we believe information should be universally accessible. Our
education and scholarship programs aim to inspire and help students become
future leaders in computing and technology by breaking down the barriers
that prevent them from entering these fields.  If selected, scholarship
recipients will each receive a $10,000 scholarship for the 2016-2017
academic year and be invited to attend the all-expense paid Annual Google
Scholars' Retreat at the Googleplex this summer. Scholarships will be
awarded based on the strength of applicants' academic background,
leadership, and demonstrated passion for computer science.

Please see below for a list of open scholarships:

Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship is open to current female
undergraduate or graduate students who will be studying at a university in
the United States or Canada for the 2016-2017 academic year. Deadline:
December 1, 2015
http://www.google.com/anitaborg/us/index.html
http://www.google.ca/intl/en/anitaborg/

Generation Google Scholarship is open to current undergraduate or graduate
students from an underrepresented background in computer science who will
be studying at a university in United States or Canada for the 2016-2017
academic year. Deadline: December 1, 2015
http://www.google.com/edu/students/the-generation-google-scholarship/

Google Lime Scholarship is open to current undergraduate or graduate
students with disabilities who will be studying at a university in United
States or Canada for the 2016-2017 academic year. Deadline: December 6,
2015
http://www.google.com/edu/students/the-google-lime-scholarship/

Google SVA Scholarship for student veterans is open to current
undergraduate or graduate student veterans who will be studying at a
university in the United States for the 2016-2017 academic year. Deadline:
November 2, 2015
http://www.google.com/edu/students/google-sva-scholarship/

For questions and complete details on all of our scholarships, please
visit http://g.co/scholarships.

--
Steve Garcia
Operating Systems Analyst
steve at cs.csubak.edu
www.cs.csubak.edu/~steve
Ignorance killed the cat.  Curiosity was framed.