[Cs_announce] 2014 Pearson Student Coding Contest (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Sep 26 10:10:41 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:42:50 -0700
From: Yez Alayan <examcopies at communications.pearsonhighered.net>
To: steve at cs.csubak.edu
Subject: 2014 Pearson Student Coding Contest

View Online
Pearson - Always Learning
[header.jpg]

Dear Professor Garcia,

Let your students know that the 2014 Pearson Student Coding Contest is officially open for
students to sign up now. Learn more and access files you can share to help spread the word. The
Pearson Student Coding Contest is designed to reward contestants who develop relevant,
innovative, creative, functional, and original applications that integrate with the Pearson
APIs. The 2014 contest is open and limited to students who are enrolled in an undergraduate
institution within the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec, sorry!).

CONTEST DETAILS

This year, our contest theme is efficacy. We invite contestants to join us on our path to
ensuring the efficacy of online learning tools. Efficacy in education is about ensuring the
tools learners use are driving improvements in their learning.

IMPORTANT DATES

September 1, 2014 - October 15, 2014
Contestants begin by submitting the Idea Proposal form. Contestants will be notified by October
27, 2014 if their Idea Proposal has been accepted.

October 27, 2014 - January 18, 2015
Contestants with approved Idea Proposals develop and submit their entry during this time.

February 7, 2015
Three (3) finalists will be announced.

February 20, 2015
The three finalists will present their entries at the Pearson eCollege office in Denver,
Colorado, and cash prizes will be decided.

PRIZES

First place: $5,000
Second place: $2,500
Third place: $1,000

The top three (3) finalists will present their entries at the Pearson offices in Denver, CO.

INTERNSHIP INTERVIEWS

In addition to the cash prizes, the 10 semi-finalists will have the opportunity to apply for and
be granted phone interviews for available Summer 2015 internships at various Pearson offices.
Internship interviews are offered in addition to, and separate from, the cash prizes.

RESOURCES

Use the following resources to share with students.

  *  Full contest details are available online: www.pearsonstudents.com/codingcontest
  *  Download a flyer to display and share with students. Feel free to print and distribute, or
     post on your course website.
  *  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at yez.alayan at pearson.com

We hope that you encourage your students to participate in the contest.

Yez Alayan
Strategic Marketing Manager
Pearson North America
1301 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94111

facebook twitter

Copyright (C) 2014 Pearson Education, Inc. or its affiliate(s). All rights reserved.

Pearson, 501 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116

We understand the pressures on your time and only want to send you information that makes your
job easier. To ensure you receive our emails, add examcopies at communications.pearsonhighered.net
to your email address book or "safe-senders" list. Learn about Pearson's Terms of Use and what
we're doing to protect your privacy.
Change your email preferences from Pearson.

[as?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlTQGzb9iJq6549D2nzaOzek9tu37JEzc5dje6v6pgEAlfVXHkMX%3Dw&_ei_=EolaGG
F4SNMvxFF7KucKuWP5_ngj2xdikH4dzgYFl7VoyBMtarhTSHV_ZDeriBXTz9Klr83x44hnLssAc3OiuM.]
[%24UID]