[Cs_announce] UC Davis Collegiate Hackathon (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Tue Dec 5 09:40:05 PST 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 10:52:18 -0800
From: Annie Lin <annie at hackdavis.io>
To: melissa at cs.csubak.edu
Subject: UC Davis Collegiate Hackathon

Hi Dr. Danforth,
Thank you for taking your time to read this email. I am on the organizing
team for UC Davis' major collegiate hackathon HackDavis, which is a great
opportunity for students at California State University, Bakersfield to know
about. Would you be able to send the information below to students in the
college? Thank you!

Regards,
Annie Lin
Marketing @ HackDavis
(408) 203-9767

---

Hello all,

For those of you interested in making awesome projects with your programming
skills to solve social issues, you should definitely apply to HackDavis!

HackDavis is a 24-hour long coding event, taking place on January 20th -
21st, 2018, that helps address some of the world's most pressing issues
related to the Environment, Health & Wellness, and Education.

This event is free for all admitted participants and people of all
programming levels are welcome. During the event we will have free food and
swag, and participants will also have access to mentors from many different
companies who will host workshops and help guide them. A hackathon is an
amazing opportunity to challenge yourself to learn something completely new
such as making a web server, controlling a drone, or even reading brain
waves! Last year, a team combined an Arduino, motion sensors, and light
controls to create a device that automatically shuts off the lights when no
one is in the room.

Applications are open now at hackdavis.io and are due by December 31st at
11:59pm. Feel free to contact us at team at hackdavis.io if you have any
questions.