[Cs_announce] FW: Opportunity for CSUB Students to Compete in Local Hackathon (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Thu Jul 21 09:11:10 PDT 2016

From: Alyssa Haas [mailto:kerninnovation at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:49 AM
To: Alyssa Haerle <contact at followthefox.org>
Subject: Opportunity for CSUB Students to Compete in Local Hackathon

Dear CSUB Professors,

I wanted to share with you the flyer for an upcoming hackathon that local startup KIT Community will be hosting with the
All for One Movement, a local relief organization for the Erskine fire victims. The theme is wildfire response and relief.
It will be a weekend-long competition August 5-7, 2016 at MESH Cowork.

This competition would be a great opportunity for students to showcase and practice their skills in a friendly and
collaborative environment. The event is open to students of any background, major, or experience level. We will have
mentors from the local community available. Hackathons are also great ways for companies to scout for local talent.

Please share with your students and alumni. Tickets are only $5.

Here are links to the Facebook page and Eventbrite event page:

For Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/tech-fighting-the-wildfires-tech-ftw-tickets-26573786912

For Event Updates: https://www.facebook.com/events/968510106598805/

Best,

Alyssa Haerle

Founder of KIT Community

contact at followthefox.org

661-368-5482

Find out more about the KIT Community by visiting our website, blog, and Facebook.

You can also sign up for our KIT Community mailing list here.