[Cs_announce] 2012 California Cognitive Science Conference (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Mar 19 10:31:37 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 22:24:56 -0700
From: "California Cognitive Science Conference (CCSC) at UC Berkeley"
     <calcogscicon at gmail.com>
To: cssa_main at lists.berkeley.edu
Subject: 2012 California Cognitive Science Conference

Hi,
My name is Poruz Khambatta, and I am the president of the Cognitive
Science Student Association at UC Berkeley. We would like to cordially
invite you and your colleagues to the 2012 California Cognitive
Science Conference. The theme for our fourth annual conference is
?Consciousness: Nature of Mind,? and we will be looking at it through
the lenses of psychology, neuroscience, computer science, linguistics,
anthropology, philosophy of mind and more.

In addition, in order to encourage and support undergraduate research,
this year we will cover the full attendance fee for any undergraduate
who presents his or her research at our academic poster session. Thus,
undergraduate poster presenters can attend all conference events for
FREE. The deadline to submit an abstract for our poster session is
April 7th.

It would mean the world to us if you could help spread the word by
forwarding this message to other members of your research lab, college
and community. Below is more information about the conference.

2012 California Cognitive Science Conference
Theme: ?Consciousness: Nature of Mind?
Hosted by the Cognitive Science Student Association

Saturday, April 28th 9 am ? 5:30 pm
Stanley Hall
University of California, Berkeley

Keynote Speakers:
Christof Koch (Neurobiology, Caltech)
John Searle (Philosophy, UC Berkeley)

Featured Speakers:
Katerina Semendeferi (Anthropology, UCSD)
David Presti (Molecular and Cell Biology, UC Berkeley)
Noah D. Goodman (Psychology, Computer Science & Linguistics, Stanford)
Additional speakers to be announced.

Learn More: http://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc
Register: http://ccsc2012.eventbrite.com
Conference Poster: http://cssa.berkeley.edu/poster.jpg

The annual California Cognitive Science Conference brings together
hundreds of students, researchers, and members of the general public
who share a passion for Cognitive Science. Cognitive Science is the
interdisciplinary study of the brain and mind. It incorporates diverse
fields including psychology, neuroscience, computer science,
linguistics, education, sociology, anthropology, philosophy and
others.

The 2012 California Cognitive Science Conference will feature talks by
professors and researchers that have made significant contributions to
our understanding of the mind, hands-on workshops such as ?Feel Dead
Brains? and an academic poster session where undergraduate, graduate
and professional researchers can present their findings to an audience
of over 300 people. Many of our speakers this year will talk about
consciousness, a prominent mystery in Cognitive Science rich with
profound philosophical, scientific and societal implications.
Furthermore, in addition to ample food for thought, all conference
attendees will enjoy a professionally catered breakfast and lunch.

Lastly, undergraduates who present their research at our poster
session can attend all conference events for FREE. Abstracts are due
April 7th.

Please feel free to contact the Cognitive Science Student Association
via email at calcogscicon at gmail.com with any questions or concerns.

Thank you so much for your time. We hope to see you in April.

Best Regards,
Poruz Khambatta, President
Cognitive Science Student Association
UC Berkeley