[Cs_announce] Invitation - Southern California Linux Expo 2010 (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Jan 25 10:47:28 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2010 16:54:14 -0800
From: SCALE Team <pr-return at socallinuxexpo.org>
Subject: Invitation - Southern California Linux Expo 2010

DATE: February 19-21, 2010
LOCATION: Westin Hotel - Los Angeles Airport 5400 W. Century Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90045
RSVP to: orders at socallinuxexpo.org
Phone: 877-831-2569 x120

Notable links:
     *Speaker Schedule: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/conference-info/schedules
     *Exhibit information: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/exhibitors
     *Open Source in Education:  http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/special-events/ossie
     *Women In Open Source Mini-conference: http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/special-events/scale-8x-women-open-source

We would appreciate you mentioning our event to your students.  As computer science and technology students ourselves, we believe it is important that students be exposed to, and educated on, alternative computing platforms such as Linux and Open Source software. We are including a promotional code (EDU10), which will provide your students with 50% off our conference registration.

Additionally, you can find event fliers on our website at http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/flyers-and-logos

In addition to the educational seminars and discussion sessions, a number of the vendors exhibiting at SCALE 8x will be recruiting for development and systems administration positions in the Southern California area.  These include: Facebook, Google, Ticketmaster, and others. This would be a great opportunity for students looking for full time jobs or internships to meet with organizations who are hiring for careers in Open Source platforms and development.

The promo code 'EDU10' will allow the user to receive 50% off a full conference pass ($30 instead of $60). Students may register online at the following link: https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/reg7/ If you need additional information regarding this year's event, please feel free to contact me at the e-mail address or phone number listed below. We look forward to meeting you at SCALE 8x!

Best regards,

The Southern California Linux Expo Team
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org
orv at socallinuxexpo.org