[Cs_announce] 2010 California Cognitive Science Conference - Abstract Deadline Extended! (fwd)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Fri Apr 2 17:13:27 PDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:42:09 -0500
From: Nicole Brooke <nicoleb at berkeley.edu>
Subject: 2010 California Cognitive Science Conference - Abstract Deadline
     Extended!

Second Annual California Cognitive Science Conference
"Cognitive Crossroads: Directions of the Mind"
Sunday, May 2nd; 8:30am - 5:00pm
Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union
University of California, Berkeley

Keynote Speakers:
George Lakoff (University of California, Berkeley)
& James McClelland (Stanford University)

Hosted by the Cognitive Science Students Association
http://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc10

The UC Berkeley Cognitive Science Students Association (CSSA) would like
to cordially invite you to the second annual California Cognitive Science
Conference (CCSC). This year's conference will host two keynote speakers,
George Lakoff, UC Berkeley professor of Linguistics and Cognitive
Science, and James McClelland, Director of the Center for Mind, Brain and
Computation at Stanford. We will also be featuring interactive
presentations and talks from some of California's greatest minds, and
showcasing exceptional undergraduate research work from students across
California in a poster session. The theme for the 2010 CSSC is "Cognitive
Crossroads: Directions of the Mind"; each of our
talented speakers will be presenting their perspective on volition,
goal-directed behavior, free will, and related topics pertaining to the
brain, mind, and cognition. We are hoping to make this a great experience
for all students and faculty interested in Cognitive Science to convene,
share their ideas, and hear from some of the leaders in the field.

The overarching goal of the conference is to recognize the achievements
that California undergraduates have made in their fields of research by
giving undergraduates across the state the opportunity to display and
present their research poster at our poster session. If you are an
undergraduate who has participated or are currently participating in
research related to Cognitive Science, Psychology, Neuroscience,
Computational Modeling, Linguistics, Philosophy, Social
Anthropology, Education, Behavioral Economics, Artificial Intelligence,
or any study of the mind, we highly encourage you to submit an abstract
to http://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc10/research/ as an application to present
their research at the California Cognitive Science Conference. WE HAVE
EXTENDED OUR DEADLINE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS to 11:59pm Monday, April
12th. For more details, please see our Research Submission FAQ
page: http://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc10/research/faq/

Registration for the 2010 CCSC is now open! Light breakfast and lunch is
included. Register now at: http://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc10/register/

Please feel free to contact the officers of the CSSA with any questions
or concerns; contact information can be found
athttp://cssa.berkeley.edu/ccsc10/contact/. We look forward to seeing
you in May!

Best Regards,