[Cs_announce] CS 216 (Unix administration)

Steve Garcia steve at cs.csubak.edu
Mon Mar 9 13:34:36 PDT 2009

There is currently a time block conflict between CS 216 and CS 295. Many
good candidates for 216 are taking 295 this spring, and the 295 lab
on Tuesdays conflicts with 216's Tuesday meeting time.

CS 216 is an overview of how to administer a Unix or Linux system.
Students will spend some time installing a Linux virtual machine and will
get hands-on experience configuring and managing this system.

In order for students who are interested in taking both 216 and 295, we
will get together the first week in 216 and determine an alternate meeting
time (perhaps Friday afternoon?) instead of Tuesdays from 3:10 to 5:15.
Students with a conflict should contact Penny and ask her to override the
system to get you in.  We will come up with a time that can accommodate
everyone.

--
Steve Garcia
Operating Systems Analyst -- Computer Science
steve at cs.csubak.edu
www.cs.csubak.edu/~steve
Ignorance killed the cat.  Curiosity was framed.